CEW Scholarships Application Guide
The selection process for a CEW scholarship is competitive and rigorous. This guide will help you check your eligibility for a CEW scholarship, and plan and complete your application.
To give yourself the best chance of being selected, we encourage you to set aside enough time to complete your application to a standard that best reflects your suitability.
We recommend having your application finalised at least 72 hours before the deadline. In particular, make sure you have given yourself enough time to obtain your Executive Sponsor’s Endorsement letter.
Late applications will not be accepted.
When you are ready to begin, here are the steps you will need to take:
1. Register an account and sign in
This will take you to the HOME screen for the application process.
2. Complete the eligibility quiz
This will determine which scholarships you are eligible to apply for. You may apply for any or all the scholarships that appear on your HOME page.
You can view and edit your eligibility criteria by clicking on your name, then "Account Settings" on the top right-hand side of the screen.
3. Provide answers to commitments and consents
These questions make sure you understand the obligations that are attached to CEW scholarships.
4. Begin the application process
Click on the scholarship you would like to apply for. Please note that the application consists of four parts:
a. Employment and education information
b. Scholarship application form
c. Executive Sponsor's endorsement letter
d. CV (optional)
5. Fill out your employment and education information
This includes details of your past and present work experience, including honours and awards. This information will save and not need to be completed again if you choose to apply for another scholarship in the program.
6. Fill out your scholarship application form
Provide answers to the questions. This is an important part of the application process so take care to provide thorough and thoughtful answers to all the questions. Please note that the word limit is a maximum, not a guide.
Provide the name of a sponsor. This person must provide you with your Sponsor Endorsement letter.
Upload your CV. This task is optional.
7. Upload your Executive Sponsor’s endorsement letter
Make sure you give yourself enough time to obtain a letter of endorsement from your Executive Sponsor. This person should be a senior individual, and could be your CEO or Managing Director, Board member, long-standing client, business partner or mentor. In addition to describing why the sponsor supports you, the letter must include the following points:
- Confirmation that you meet the scholarship criteria
- Confirmation that you can commit to attend the entire entire course if you are successful
- Your sponsor's view of your current contribution to your organisation or sector/industry, in terms of current role, future potential and broader society
- Provide your Executive Sponsor's endorsement letter on company or organisation letter-head; or if not applicable, upload a letter including your sponsor's full title. Note: the CEW Scholarship Committee will only accept one endorsement letter.
8. Submit your application
The final step is to submit your entire application. Please note that once you have done this, you cannot make any changes. We recommend that once you have submitted your application you download and save a copy for your own records.
9. Apply for another scholarship
You can apply for more than one scholarship if you meet the scholarship's eligibility criteria. The CEW Scholarships Committee expects that your applications will differ and demonstrate why you have applied for each scholarship.
10. Notification of your progress
You will be notified by email of the progress of your application within 8 weeks of submission. If you have not received any notification within that timeframe, you can get in touch by sending an email to email@example.com. Please check your junk email folder first.
If you need help
If you have any questions regarding the scholarship program or the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any technical issues processing your application on the website, please contact our system provider email@example.com, who will respond to you within 24 hours.